This semester, we will use the same textbook, starting from chapter 3.
I have cut up my textbook. I scanned it onto my iPad. Now I don’t need to bring the actual textbook. I did the same with the teacher’s book (with the answers).
- did some freewriting
- looked quickly through chapter 3,
- and we read the model essay,
- read another model essay about a girl deciding which camera to buy,
- freewriting 2: about the differences between the two essays
- freewriting 3: comments about today’s class (the readings, the writings, anything you like).
Start a list of possible topics for your comparison-contrast essay. Bring the list the list to class to share with other students.
- Over the next few weeks, think about what you would like to know, what you are genuinely interested in.
- Do not be satisfied with just “something for teacher”.
- The essay topic, and the essay you write, should have a value for you, personally.
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.