- Email me your essay #4 in Word or RTF format.
- Format for document name and title (subject) of the email: AW2_Essay4_Final_(Your_Name)
- Read something interesting in English. This is preparation for Essay #5: Responding to a reading. It should be something you have strong feelings about – either you like it or hate it.
- A novel
- a book
- a movie
- an article
- an essay (can be the one in the textbook if you cannot find anything else)
- Remember, remember, the fifth of November, gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.
- Write an outline for your essay:
- Title – (check: does it express your position about the topic?)
- Thesis statement -(check: Is it in the first paragraph? Does it summarize your arguments?)
- 1st counter-argument and argument
- 2nd counter-argument and argument
- 3rd counter-argument and argument
- Conclusion – (check: does it repeat the introduction and thesis statement? No new information in the conclusion.)
- In groups of 4, choose one of the quotes from the handout (#4, #5, & #6 are one set), and translate it into Japanese. Click here to download the handout: analyzing_political_comments
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.