Write the first draft of your persuasive essay.
- digital copy by email by Friday Oct. 26th
- file name and email subject: AW2 Essay4 draft1 Name
- hard copy, either typed or hand-written, to class Friday Oct. 26th
- Academic writing < liberal arts < trivium (grammar, logic, rhetoric)
- Liberal arts = essential education for free people (not slaves)
- Textbook p. 99 E
- Choose one of the topics you used for homework, and write a paragraph with the format counter-argument, argument, support.
- Claim (must be arguable)
- Warrant (often uses a general rule or principle)
- Write an outline for your essay #4 (Persuasive)
- Textbook p. 96 Practice 3
- From sentences a and b, choose the one which is arguable.
- For questions 2 and 3, label the parts of the thesis statement as “claim” and “evidence”.
- Textbook p. 101: different kinds of support
- Which kind(s) do you think are most suitable for an academic essay? Why?
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.