Happy Christmas, everyone
Update: After the winter break, we will have 4 classes, not 3 as I said in class: Jan. 12, 19, 26 and Feb. 2. Over those 4 weeks, you will write at least 3 timed essays. Do your best to attend these final classes.
- Send me your draft 2 (response essay with evaluation) as soon as possible.
- Read through the reference material I gave you this week and last week. You will need them to write your final essays in class in January.
- Claim, data and warrants (handout) Download the handout here
- Practice writing warrants for student-generated claims and data:
- Write a response to this class
- Define the class (for a hypothetical reader who is not in this class and knows nothing about it)
- Summarize the content of this class (this semester’s work, briefly).
- Your evaluation.
- 1-to-1 conferencing.
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.