- Write essay2 draft1 and email it to me by Friday. Bring it to class.
- Distribution of Essay 1 Class Collection (for those who asked for it)
- Apologies to those of you who asked for one and did not receive: I printed them Thursday night and ran out of ink before I finished. I will bring the remaining copies next week.
- Leave a comment about the essays (optional).
- Exchange homework.
- Textbook p. 50, practice 5
- p. 51, read C “Offering a solution”
- practice 6
- p. 53. Your turn – write your outline
- if necessary, re-write your thesis statement
Hooks are not strictly necessary for pure academic essays, but good hooks attract readers, so hook-writing is a very useful skill. Gary North has been writing articles, headlines and hooks for many years. Here is a recent sample. Do they make you want to read more?
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.