- Read the “Outlines” handout (black and blue) and see how I re-wrote the thesis statements and conclusions.
- Look at the comments I made about your draft #2.
- Re-write your draft #2 (this becomes draft #3)
- Email me your draft #3 (Word document or RTF files only please, no PDFs)
- Document and email title: AW1 Essay1 Draft3 Your Name
- Print out your draft #3 and bring it to class.
- Find an essay written in any European language (see the links below for some suggestions),
- read it (in Japanese translation is fine)
- make notes of your impressions – things you notice about the style, the structure, the topic, etc.
- bring your notes to next week’s class to discuss with classmates.
Links to lists of famous essayists
- Using your notes and any Internet resources, write a short paragraph about
- what the liberal arts are and why they are taught in Western colleges/universities
- what an essay is and why essay writing is taught in Western schools and universities
- 1-to-1 conferencing to discuss your essay #1, draft #2.
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.