- Read the essay “The End of Privacy” in the Appendix of the textbook, pp 159-161 (You can read the original online at http://members.forbes.com/forbes/1999/1129/6413182a.html )
- Read the other 2 essays in the Appendix:
- Don’t Shoot: Why Video Games Really Are Linked to Violence (read the original at http://www.slate.com/id/2164065/ )
- Kids May Be Right After All: Homework Stinks (read the original at http://www.alfiekohn.org/teaching/kmbraa.htm )
- Rewrite your response with all sentences written on a new line. Tear it up so each sentence is on a separate piece of paper. Give it to a classmate and see if they can put it back in the original order. (Best done in pairs)
- Write a new response to something you hate or strongly dislike: write the opposite of what you wrote before, so if you wrote about something you liked, write now about something you hate, and vice-versa). (can be a performer, or other person), but don’t mention the person thing by name. Give it to a classmate and see if they can guess the work of art or artist.
- Write a response to a fictional work of art or artist/performer/athlete or sports team that you created/invented.
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.