- Finish your essay #3 “comparison-contrast.
- Type it up.
- Print it out and
- bring it to the last class, next Friday, July 24th.
- I shall not be returning to KPU until next semester, so if you are absent next week or you forget your essay, please email it to me by Sunday July 26th.
- Look again at the first paragraph of the essay “Friends.com” in the textbook.
- Where is the thesis statement?
- What is the purpose of the last sentence in the first paragraph?
- Look at your outline
- Do you have a thesis statement that clearly states your position?
- Do you have a clear “scope” sentence in the first paragraph that gives the reader a map of your essay?
- Read a classmate’s outline and comment on it.
- After showing your outline to the instructor, start writing your essay.
- Don’t forget:
- you need evidence for any claims you make in your essay.
- You need a list of references if you quote outside sources to support your claims.
Take care, everyone. See you next week.