Make-up class will be Sat. July 11th, 5th period (16:10 – 17:40) in the same room (21).
- Re-write your problem-solution essay, as per my instructions, print out and bring to the next class.
- Choose a topic for your comparison-contrast essay (a list of suggested topics is in the textbook p 72 “Your Turn”, but you may choose another topic if you prefer), write your outline (see textbook p. 78 E) and bring it to the next class.
- Class survey
- If all people die, and
- if Socrates is a person, then
- Socrates will die.
- gun control laws
- If gun control laws become stricter, and
- if criminals do not care about laws, then
- criminals will not be deterred by stricter gun control laws (and therefore the problem of gun violence and mass shootings will not be solved by this policy).
- Body cameras for police. Complete the third line:
- If police must all wear body cameras, and
- if police who shoot unarmed civilians are not prosecuted, then
- Minimum-wage law. Complete the third line:
- If the minimum wage is increased, and
- if profits do not increase, then
- businesses will…
- Textbook, p. 70 C (read) and p. 71 Practice 1
- P. 73 E and Practice 3.
- P. 76 D and Practice 6 and 7.
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.