Next week: we will write the final timed essay in class. This will be essay #3. All students must complete 3 essays to pass this course. Students absent on this day will automatically fail the course. We will also read each other’s timed essays and my selection of student essays #2, and do some final free writing.
To those students whom it may concern:
- finish writing the following essays (which were due a looong time ago, by the way) and bring them to the next (final) class. I will not accept essays after next Friday, Jan. 24th. I am not coming to KPU again after this date. Nor will I accept emailed essays after this date.
- your timed essay
- essay #1 (persuasive essay)
- essay #2 (response essay)
- bring to next class all your free writings for this semester
Timed essay revision
- p. 148 Practice 12
- p. 149 practice 13
- p. 149 Your Turn – edit your own timed essay, checking for irrelevant information and adding any important ideas.
- p. 150 A – read, and do practice 14
- p. 151 practice 15, and Your Turn – edit your essay for runons.
- p. 152 Practice 16 – find the mistakes and make the corrections directly on your textbook.
- p. 152 Your Turn – do the same for the 6 items listed on that page.
- p. 152 practice 17 and Your Turn – add a title to your timed essay.
- Hand in your completed and corrected time essay.
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.