- Finish writing up the claim, evidence, reasons and your counterclaim in paragraph format (if you did not finish in class)
- Read the model essay for chapter 2 of the textbook
- Choose a topic for Essay #2 from the list on page 46, or choose your own topic.
- Begin freewriting and/or brainstorming ideas for your essay.
- I want to give all students a chance to read your classmates’ essays. I will make copies of all this class’s Essay #1.
- If you do not want your essay to be shown to other students, please let me know by email as soon as possible.
- If you agree to share your essay, but do not want your name to be appear, please let me know by email as soon as possible.
- Slip or Trip?
- Queenie claims Arthur died after falling down the stairs and hitting his head.
- List the evidence that supports and does not support her claim.
- Give reasons for each piece of evidence: explain why the evidence is important, how it supports or does not support the claim.
- Give your claim for what happened, with supporting evidence and reasons.
- This is called a counterclaim (sometimes also called a rebuttal).
- Textbook chapter 2,
- page 42 (write your answers onlooseleaf)
- read pages 43-46 and do as many of the exericses as you can.
- Ask your questions about Essay #1.
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.