Write a simple 5-paragraph (or more) response essay to this video clip below.
- Your introductory paragraph must include a short summary of the episode, the main lessons it teaches about English study and about life, and whether you agree with those lessons or not and why.
- The other paragraphs should deal with the main lessons that you select from the video.
- Use the English subtitles for quoting directly from the video, or use paraphrasing.
- Finally, cite the original source. The URL is https://youtu.be/AEnO6uYMX4g
- Use this format for the citation but without the parentheses: “(Name of video).” YouTube, uploaded by (name of uploader), 6 June 2016 (date uploaded), www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBlpjSEtELs (URL, see above or visit YouTube).
- Review homework.
- Read the sample “response” essay and answer the questions below. The essay is a response to reading “Walden” by Henry David Thoreau. (click the links to read more. Click here to read about Walden in Japanese and here to read about Thoreau in Japanese)
- What is the theme of “Walden”?
- Does the writer think Thoreau achieved his goal?
- What is the subject (topic) of the long paragraph 2?
- How many reasons does the writer give for his opinion?
- Do you notice anything else about the essay?
- p 120-1 Practice 5
- p. 121 Practice 6 (#1~#3)
- p. 123 Practice 7 (#1~#3).
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.