- Write an outline and introductory paragraph for a response essay to this article:trump-foreign-policy-speech
- What are the “five main weaknesses” in US foreign policy, according to the article? Use direct quotations or paraphrasing.
- Cite the original speech (see the sample essay in the textbook p. 114).
- “Entangling alliances” quote from Thomas Jefferson’s inaugural speech, March 1, 1801. (See last week’s handout “Excerpts from George Washington’s Farewell Address”. Download it here: washington-farewell-address
- Choose one quote from the list (the one you summarised last week) and write an introductory paragraph about it. (Download the list of quotes here: analyzing_political_comments
- Include a summary of the original quote,
- a reference to the source (where it came from), and
- your thesis statement (your position on the matter).
- Short discussion of the homework article “The America First Committee”. (Donwload it here: america-first-committee
- Textbook sample essay: how does the writer show which ideas are her own and which ideas are from the original writer (Penenberg)?
- Choose one of the two essays in the Appendix of the textbook, and write an introductory paragraph for a response essay about it.
- Give the reference.
- Summarize the main ideas
- Give your thesis statement.
- Add the reference (see “Work Cited” in the sample essay on p. 114).
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.