Wekcome to Sheffner’s Academic Writing 1 (AW1 ) class blog.
On this blog I will post classwork and homework assignments each week.
- Your first assignment, if you decide to continue this class is
leave a comment about today’s class
- To leave a comment, click on the words “LEAVE A COMMENT” up here below this blog post title. ↑
- You need to type in your name (family name only) and an email address. Your email address will NOT be public. Your name WILL be public.
- All comments are moderated. That means I must approve them. So your comment will not appear immediately. Please be patient.
- Send me an email briefly introducing yourself and saying what you hope to achieve by taking this class.
- Instructor’s self-introduction
- Introduction to the course
- Lesson 1 worksheet and mini-lecture. (Download the worksheet here: AW1_Lesson1_worksheet
- Free writing #1: 5 minutes on any topic you like.
- Free writing #2: 5 minutes, something in English you are reading now or read recently.
- Mini-lecture on the value and usefulness of learning academic writing.
- Free writing #3: a formative past experience.
Your email address is not made public. Thank you for visiting.